- L80 is a billable / specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM L80 went into effect on October 1, 2019.
- This is the US version ICD-10-CM of L80; Other international versions of ICD-10 L80 may differ.
Type 2 excludes
The following codes above L80 contain annotation references that may be applicable to L80:
- L00-L99 Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- A condition in which the skin turns white due to the loss of melanocytes
- A disorder consisting of areas of macular depigmentation, commonly in the extensor aspects of the extremities, on the face or neck, and in the skin folds. The age of onset is often in adulthood and the condition tends to progress gradually with lesions that enlarge and extend into a resting state.
- Typically, chronic progressive skin pigment abnormality is manifested by depigmented white patches that may be surrounded by a hyperpigmented border.
- The vitiligo causes white spots on the skin. It can also affect your eyes, mouth, and nose. It occurs when the cells that give your skin color are destroyed. No one knows what destroys them. It is more common in people with autoimmune diseases, and can run in families. It usually starts before age 40. White spots are more common where the skin is exposed to the sun. In some cases, the patches spread. Vitiligo can make your hair turn gray early. If you have dark skin, you may lose color inside your mouth. Using sunscreen will help protect your skin, and cosmetics can cover patches. The vitiligo treatments They include medications, phototherapy, and surgery. Not all treatments are suitable for everyone. Many have side effects. Some take a long time. Some do not always work. nih:
ICD-10-CM L80 is grouped into diagnostic related groups (MS-DRG v 37.0):
- 606 Minor skin disorders with mcc
- 607 Minor skin disorders without mcc
- 795 Normal newborn
Convert L80 to ICD-9-CM code history
- 2016 (effective 1/10/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): unchanged
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): unchanged
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): unchanged
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): unchanged
- Achroma, complexion L80
- Vitiligo L80